Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Penne with Sausage and Escarole

This recipe has long been one of my family's favorites (the fonts aren't showing up right on my screen any time you see 12 or 14, it's actually 1/2 or 1/4).  I usually make it with spinach because, well, I haven't been able to find escarole.  But I found some this last shopping trip, so I decided to try it since that's what was called for. And I prefer the spinach. It's got more flavor.  This time I also didn't add any salt or black pepper, because I think that the sausage has more than enough salt in it to go around.

My kids couldn't get enough.  The only reason there was any leftover is because I specifically pulled some out so Matt could take some to work if he wanted.  The kids kept going until I told them there wasn't any more.


No comments:

Post a Comment