Thursday, February 14, 2013

Taco Salad

This is another of my "lazy day" meals, mostly because it's so uncomplicated.  Matt doesn't ever really take this to work (he doesn't like meals that can't be "assembled" beforehand), but I thought it should go in my "cookbook" anyway.

First off I brown my meat (turkey, as always) with diced onion. Then I add a can of kidney beans.  Last of all I add taco seasoning to taste.  I have a big jar, so I can just had however much I want.  And I usually add a lot more liquid than it calls for so that everything can get mixed together and spread over the meat and beans, and then I just let it simmer until it cooks down.

I serve it over tortilla chips, topped usually with cheese, tomatoes, olives, lettuce, sour cream and salsa. (I used to add ranch dressing, too, it is "salad" after all, but I grew out of that! Now I just liberally sauce it with salsa.)


No comments:

Post a Comment