Sunday, January 13, 2013

Chicken noodle soup

I guess you can say that this is loosely based on this recipe, but I don't actually even look at it anymore.

Today I put some chicken in the bottom of my crock pot, then covered it with chopped onions, celery, and carrots.  I sprinkled it all with garlic powder (I ran out of cloves of garlic), sage, rosemary, thyme and basil.  I didn't measure, just dumped some in.

Then I added a (4c) container of chicken stock, and let it cook all day.

About 20 minutes before I pulled out the chicken and put in egg noodles.  I cut the noodles up in to bite sized pieces (it mostly fell apart) and then put it back in the soup and let it simmer until the noodles were soft.

No picture today. We've been sick and I haven't gotten myself back together quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment