Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Tired (Lazy) Mom's spaghetti

I do have a handful of "lazy day" meals that I make that aren't entirely premade.  Spaghetti is one of those.  I was raised on homemade spaghetti sauce, so I've never been completely comfortable just opening a jar without doing anything to it.

So I usually brown a pound of ground turkey with diced onion and crushed garlic (I crush it with the flat of a big chef's knife and then coursely chop it before dumping it in).  Then I add the sauce (my current favorite the classico tomato & basil), and sometimes I also add more herbs (oregano, basil, thyme).  All served over warm spaghetti noodles.

Tonight though, it was with premade meatballs that we had in the freezer, that I only bought because I had been recovering from the stomach flu and didn't want to do much for dinner and Erin wanted meatballs with her spaghetti.  I also buttered some bread and sprinkled with garlic powder and toasted it in the toaster oven.  I was going to have green beans too, but I'm tired and forgot until we were mostly done already.



1 comment:

  1. I have a spaghetti sauce recipe from my mom that is pretty incredible AND pretty easy. It involves getting Italian sausages and sauteeing it with big chunks of veggies. So that way you get meatballs without actually having to make meatballs, veggies, and a meaty sauce. It is SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete