Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Tired (Lazy) Mom's spaghetti

I do have a handful of "lazy day" meals that I make that aren't entirely premade.  Spaghetti is one of those.  I was raised on homemade spaghetti sauce, so I've never been completely comfortable just opening a jar without doing anything to it.

So I usually brown a pound of ground turkey with diced onion and crushed garlic (I crush it with the flat of a big chef's knife and then coursely chop it before dumping it in).  Then I add the sauce (my current favorite the classico tomato & basil), and sometimes I also add more herbs (oregano, basil, thyme).  All served over warm spaghetti noodles.

Tonight though, it was with premade meatballs that we had in the freezer, that I only bought because I had been recovering from the stomach flu and didn't want to do much for dinner and Erin wanted meatballs with her spaghetti.  I also buttered some bread and sprinkled with garlic powder and toasted it in the toaster oven.  I was going to have green beans too, but I'm tired and forgot until we were mostly done already.



No comments:

Post a Comment