Sunday, January 6, 2013

Chicken stirfry with Korma curry sauce

Stirfry is one of my favorite foods ever.  Just sauté a protein and whatever vegetables you want, put on a sauce of your choice, and "Voilà!" you have a meal.

Tonight's rendition is chicken, sautéed in a little olive oil with garlic and onions, and then I added green pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, baby corn and broccoli (I can hear my dad go "eugh!").  Tonight's sauce is Sukhi's Korma Curry Sauce.  I love Sukhi's sauces, they're so yummy.  This particular one called for cream as well, but I replaced that with coconut milk.  From my preliminary tastes, it's actually really good.

It's served over brown rice, which I always forget needs a little more time/water to cook with.  And my way of cooking rice is a little different. I got the directions off the bag of calrose rice, call "perfect sticky rice" and I've done it that way ever since.  Preheat your oven to 400* (yes, your oven).  Put your dry rice in the bottom of a casserole dish with some butter and salt.  Then boil the appropriate amount of water (2c. for every 1c. rice.  With the calrose rice I used a little less, with the brown rice I have to use a little more) in a separate container.  I put it in one of my glass liquid measuring containers and put it in the microwave.  Pour the hot water over the rice, stir until the butter is melted, and place it in the oven.  Stir a few times in the interim, and pull out when all the water is absorbed.

Usually I serve Indian food with naan, but...I forgot to buy some and my one try at making my own did NOT turn out well (I may try it again some day).  I think I've forgotten something with every meal I've posted so far.


Oh! And this meal is gluten free!  I have a dear friend that has celiac, so whenever I turn out a gluten free meal I think to myself "if she ever comes to visit, she could eat this!" (except now she's trying vegan, so the chicken wouldn't fly. :/ )


No comments:

Post a Comment